Monday, December 3

Monday, December 3 ~ SHORT STORY #5: Fish Cheeks by Amy Tan

See the tab above to view our Short Story Christmas Blessing assignment.

EQ: What makes a piece of art good?



Image result for philippians 4:8

Discuss By the Waters of Babylon.
Related image Image result for subway new york

Image result for grand central stationRelated image


Activity: How well do you really know a person?

EQ:  What is the difference between direct characterization and indirect characterization?

LIT NOTES: Click here to get the definitions and a mnemonic trick called STEAL.


Activity: First discuss: Agree, Disagree, or Somewhere in the Middle?

  1. My parents generally give me wise advice.
  2. I like having friends over for dinner with my family.
  3. My parents are embarrassing.
  4. My parents have had a deep influence on who I am today.
  5. I can remember a time when I tried to change myself to fit in.

Journal 32: Fishcheeks by Amy Tan
Part A: Use the STEAL chart to explain the characterization in Fishcheeks
Part B: Create a detailed STEAL chart about the main character you are
considering for your own short story. This should be 1/2 to 1 full page in your journal.


HW: Complete Journal 32 (Journal Check & Roots Quiz on Block)

No comments: