Wednesday, November 29

Block Day ~ Short Story #4: Fish Cheeks

Heads up! Journal checks on Monday and Dangling Modifiers/Roots Quiz on Block next week.

ROOTS
  • acu - sharp
  • ali, allo, alter - other
  • am, amor - love, liking
  • anni, annu, enni - year

Short Story Notes:
  • Activity: How well do you really know a person? 
  • EQ:  What is the difference between direct characterization and indirect characterization?
  • LIT NOTES: Click here to get the definitions and a pneumonic trick called STEAL.




SHORT STORY #4: Fish Cheeks by Amy Tan

Activity: First discuss: Agree, Disagree, or Somewhere in the Middle?
  1. My parents generally give me wise advice.
  2. I like having friends over for dinner with my family.
  3. My parents are embarrassing.
  4. My parents have had a deep influence on who I am today.
  5. I can remember a time when I tried to change myself to fit in.
Journal 30Fishcheeks by Amy Tan
Part A: Use the STEAL chart to explain the characterization in Fishcheeks
Part B: Create a detailed STEAL chart about the main character you are considering for your own short story. This should be 1/2 to 1 full page in your journal.

HW: Complete J30

No comments: