Wednesday, February 10

Wednesday 2/10 ~ This and That...

GRAMMAR
  • EQ: What is the "stickiest" rule about dangling modifiers? 
  • Take notes on Clear Sentences 12e and practice in your journal:
    1. At the age of ten, my parents took me on my first balloon ride.
    2. To replace the gear mechanism, attached is a form to order the part by mail.
    3. Nestled in the cockpit, the pounding of the engine was muffled only slightly by my helmet.
    4. After studying polymer chemistry, computer games seemed less complex to Phuong.
    5. When a young man, my mother enrolled me in tap dance classes, hoping I would become the next Savion Glover.
  • Dangling Modifiers Quiz 2 on block!
RESEARCH
  • Did you complete two annotated bibliography entries last night? 
  • HW: Add one more entry tonight. 
ACROSS A HUNDRED MOUNTAINS
  • Before you read...
    • Opinion Poll (Agree/Disagree Activity)
      • 1. It should is the responsibility of the oldest child to care for the younger siblings when the parents are working.
      • 2. My parents have sacrificed something to give me a better life. 
      • 3. Only through redemption can a person finally get rest and peace when there has once been a conflict.
      • 4. There are some mistakes that cannot be redeemed.
      • 5. I can stay up for 48 hours if I have to. 
  • Read first ten pages (two chapters: Adelina and Juana)

HW: Complete entry number three and the first ten pages of reading. Dangling Modifiers Quiz 2 on block!


No comments: