Saturday, August 1

Journal Requirments

Please buy a college ruled composition book. Something like this...



Why do we use a paper journal in this techie age?
1. We do some hand written work because it is good for your mind and penmenship.
2. It helps in the organization and work flow or your day.
3. If something goes wrong in the digital grade-book world (say I make a typo or one of our many focus updates lends a glitch to my grade book), then you can bring in the hard evidence to make it right.
4. I occasionally allow you to use your journal on in-class essays or quizzes.

Set up
Please mark your journal with your name and period number on the front and spine.
Organize it with these sections:

  • Word Parts (Prefixes, Roots, Suffixes)
  • Grammar & Writing
  • Lit Notes

Grading

  • I will check your journal quarterly with random or planned checks.
  • I will ask you for a specific entry or note.
    • If you have it, you will get an A.
    • If I must ask for a second, you'll earn a B.
    • If I must ask for a third, you'll earn a C.
    • If I must ask for a fourth, you'll earn a D.
    • You can guess what happens next.




No comments: